Homemade meatballs in tantalizing spaghetti sauce created using homemade Italian seasoning.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
So it looks like this.
Grease broiler pan or grate.
Roll mixture 1 inch meatballs and place on grate.
Bake in oven @350 for 15 minutes.
Bake for another 15-20 minutes until well done in the middle.
Heat pan and add oil.
Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
Add petite diced tomatoes.
Add all spices.
Stir and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Then, place meatballs in sauce and simmer for another 15 minutes.
Serve with pasta or rice, top with grated Parmesan cheese, and maybe wine!
T’s Meatballs & Pasta Sauce
by T (The Flip Flop Wife’s Uh-Mazing Hubby!)
(Printable version here.)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- ¼ cup Bread Crumbs or Crushed Cornflakes
- ¼ cup Shredded Parmesan
- 1 tbs Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbs Garlic Minced
- 1 Egg
- 2 15 oz. cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 15 oz. can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tbs Garlic
- 1 tbs Penzey’s Forward
- 1 tbs Basil
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Grease broiler pan or grate.
- Place meatballs on grate.
- Bake in oven @350 for 10-15 minutes.
- Rotate meatballs.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until well done in the middle.
- Place meatballs in sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat pan and add oil.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add sauce.
- Add petite diced tomatoes.
- Add all spices.
- Stir and let simmer.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Servings: 9 – 12
- Serve over pasta or rice.
- Prepare sauce during last 15 minutes of meatballs baking.
- Start water boiling for pasta when starting sauce.