Chicken Curry in a slow cooker. Easy to freeze, reheat, and thicken later.
Receipe Inspiration: “Ancient Betty Crocker recipe.”(Chicken or Shrimp Curry).
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup Dried Minced Onion
- 2 Tbsp Green / Mild Curry Powder
- 8 tsp Truvia or other sweetener
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 8 cups Chicken Broth
- 5 cups Milk dairy, almond, coconut
- 3 - 5 each large Chicken Breasts no bone, no skin
- 4 tsp Lemon Juice
- Place all ingredients into Crock Pot.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours, until Chicken is completely cooked and shreds easily.
- Remove Chicken from Crock Pot.
- Shred in a bowl.
- Blend broth with a hand mixer.
- Return Chicken to Crock Pot.
- Place in freezer safe containers and freeze until ready to use.
Line crock pot with liner. Pour in Chicken Broth.
Pour in Milk.
Add Minced Dried Onion.
Add Lemon Juice.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours, until Chicken is completely cooked and shreds easily.
Remove Chicken from Crock Pot and shred in a bowl.
Return Chicken to Crock Pot. Move to a heat safe bowl and allow to cool.
Place in freezer safe containers and freeze until ready to use.
When desiring to use, place broth in a pan, and heat. Add cornstarch or a flour roux to get a thicker broth.
Cook rice, top with sauce and condiments.