Spicy, shredded chicken prepared in a slow cooker using homemade Barbacoa seasoning. Perfect for tacos, enchiladas, and salads.
Slow Cooker Barbacoa Chicken
- 5-6 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup Barbacoa Seasoning
- Place Chicken Breasts into crockpot.
- Add Barbacoa Seasoning.
- Cook on High 3-5 hours.
- Rotate chicken after 2 hours.
- Chicken is done when it shreds easily with a fork or tongs.
- Remove Chicken from crockpot and place in heat safe bowl.
- Shred Chicken.
- Using a strainer to catch small stuff, ladle the broth over the chicken.
- Chill in fridge.
- Once cool, bag Chicken and freeze or use with 4 days.
- The chicken can easily overcook and get mushy. Check meat starting at hour 3 to see if it shreds. The strainer keeps “mushy” small pieces from getting into the final batch.
- Adjust the amount of seasoning to taste. More spice equals more flavor and kick to the meat.
Place chicken into slow cooker.
Add Barbacoa Seasoning.
Completely coat the chicken with the seasoning.
Cook on High 3-5 hours. It will look cooked and chicken juices will surround it. Chicken is done when it shreds easily with a fork or tongs.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and place in heat safe bowl.
Shred chicken using tongs or forks.
Using a strainer, ladle the broth over the chicken.
Chill in fridge. Once cool, bag the chicken and freeze or use within 4-5 days.