I woke a few times during the night and my eyes felt dry. So, I used the Refresh drops each time I got up.
When I was putting in my drops this morning, I did finally see the redness in the eye that occurs after Lasik. Dr. Teplick told me this is perfectly normal. First, my eyes were touched with lasers. Secondly, the tiny suction the machine uses to lift the flap for the Lasik leaves a red ring around your cornea. I did not lift my upper eye lid to see it, but I did notice it when carefully lowering the bottom eye lid so I could put in drops. I’ll make note when the redness goes away.
Last night I went to go get readers. Here is a tip: wait until after Lasik to get them. They come in a variety of strengths. Online they start at +1.00. I went to Walgreens, and their readers started at +1.25. Readers can go up to +3.XX. At least from what I can tell they do. I got the +1.25 but will try and find a +1.00, as the ones I purchased still seem a bit strong. The glasses were $10 at Walgreen’s. However, I found a lot of cute styles on Amazon and eBay that were less than $10.
Since my eyes changed in my 40s, and I started doing the accordion move to see up close items and small print, readers were a given for me. I traded nearsightedness for farsightedness. Not everyone will need readers after Lasik.
I went between goggles and sunglasses today to protect my eyes. The sunglasses worked well when I went out to a restaurant. However, sunglasses do not have the seal that the goggles have around the rim. So, air was getting in. I spent a few hours today without either so my eyes can adjust to the light.
- A little bit of dry eye during the day.
- Sunglasses worked well for part of the day.
- Goggles are best for keeping out air / breezes that could irritate the eyes.
- Body still felt like it was recovering from major surgery and healing.
- Eyes tiring easily, so took a few naps, and closed eyes to rest them often.
- Waking during the night with dry eyes, so used Refresh drops.
- No pain at all.
- Drinking lots of water to keep body and eyes hydrated.
- Sensitivity to bright lights, such as the sun, but better inside.