Homemade Italian Seasoning minus Oregano and MSG.
Italian Seasoning (No Oregano or MSG)
Homemade Italian seasoning without Oregano or MSG.
- 1 tsp Basil
- 2 each Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder or Granules
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Sage
- 2 tsp Penzey’s 4/S Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp Savory
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Combine all ingredients, except Bay Leaves, in bowl or spice jar.
- Shake to mix.
- Store in air tight container.
- Add Bay Leaves at time of use.
- Increase the amount of each spice equally to make enough to store for later use.
- Bay Leaves can be ground up, or purchased ground. Use sparingly, as the flavor is intensified once the leaves are ground. Maybe start off with 1/8 of a teaspoon if using ground and adjust to desired flavor.
- If using ground Thyme, use sparingly, as with the Bay Leaves.
Combine all ingredients in bowl.
Pour into a spice jar (if making extra).
Add Bay Leaves at time of use.