Homemade Italian Seasoning. Just like the original one but a bigger batch.
Italian Seasoning Big Batch (Oregano-Free)
- 1 .80 oz jar Basil
- 1 .12 oz jar Bay Leaves
- 1 3.4 oz jar Garlic Powder or Granules
- 1 3.25 oz jar Onion Powder
- 1 .4 oz jar Parsley Flakes
- 1 .85 oz jar Rosemary
- 1 .75 oz jar Sage
- 1 4.73 oz jar Seasoned Salt
- 1 .80 oz jar Savory
- 1 .70 oz jar Thyme
- Combine all ingredients, except Bay Leaves, in bowl or spice jar.
- Stir to mix.
- Store in air tight container.
- Add Bay Leaves at time of use.
- Bay Leaves can be ground up, or purchased ground. Use sparingly, as the flavor is intensified once the leaves are ground. Maybe start off with 1/8 of a teaspoon if using ground and adjust to desired flavor.
- If using ground Thyme, use sparingly, as with the Bay Leaves.
- If you pefer less salt, use 1/4 - 1/2 the amount suggested in the recipe.
- Sage can have a strong flavor. Use 1/2 the amount if less is desired.
Combine all ingredients, except Bay Leaves, in bowl or spice jar.
Stir to mix.
Use a funnel to add spice mixture to container.
Use a spoon or measuring cup to scoop seasoning mix into container
Store in container and keep in fridge for freshness.
Add Bay Leaves at time of use.