A chunky, tomato soup with vegetables, bacon, and mini pasta. Perfect for a cold winter night.
Bacon Vegetable Tomato Soup
- 4 cups Water
- 5 15 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 2 15 oz cans Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can White Beans Drained
- 1 15 oz can Kidney Beans Drained
- 3 each Celery Stalks Chopped
- 1 lb. Bacon Diced and Cooked
- 2 cups Carrots Chopped
- 1 cup Ditalini Pasta Uncooked
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 3 each Bay Leaves
- Place all ingredients, except bacon and pasta, into a slow Cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, until steaming.
- Add pasta.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Add bacon.
- Serve warm.
- Use chicken broth instead of water for added flavor.
- The pasta takes in more liquid and expands the more it is in the soup. An option is to cook the pasta separate from the soup and then add it at the end with the bacon.
Place all ingredients, except bacon and pasta, into slow cooker.
After 3-4 hours, add pasta. Cook until pasta is soft, about 1 hour.
Cook bacon and add to soup.