Basically, my eyes are better. They are not perfect, but they are better. They are not quite as dry (unless is that time of the month) as they were at 6 months. The plugs did not help. However, my eyes appear to be getting better, on their own, over time. I am hopeful that at the 1-year mark my eyes will be much closer to normal than they are even now.
I did joke around with my doctor about wearing wind blocking goggles at the warehouse where I volunteer. And, I showed her the little bottle of water I carry around to spritz my eyelids with as needed. She got a kick out of both.
She also told me about two other options, should I want to try them:
- Actual eye spritz (eg. Nature’s Tears Eyemist 2 pack or Optrex Actimist Eye Spray – 100 Metred Doses)
- NITE EYE “bubble” moisture chamber bandages (for use a night mostly, I think)
Other than that, she checked my tear production and did say it looked better but to continue with the fish oil
daily. I guess the fish oil helps with the oils in the eye that then help create the tears and moisture…don’t quote me on that, though.
Now I just wait for my 1-year follow up appointment. At that time I will also be getting computer/reading glasses, as I am now farsighted versus nearsighted. I decided to wait, as this is the year our VSP also covers a new pair of glasses.
- Eyes still dry, but not as bad. Maybe going through 1-2 preservative-free vials of eye drops a day rather than 4-5.
- Spritzing my eyelids frequently with water for moisture.
- Bright light still irritates my eyes, so I carry sunglasses everywhere I go.